Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Gotthard Pass

When we travelled from Zurich to Lugano, we took the Gotthard Road Tunnel which, at 16km, is the third longest road tunnel in the world. This tunnel provides a much faster link between central Switzerland and Milan than the Gotthard pass.
On the way back though, we decided to take the Gotthard Pass instead as it promised to be a beautiful drive through the Swiss Alps. Not being a huge fan of heights and feeling a little weary of slippery icy roads, I was not too sure how much I would enjoy the excursion, but it was worth every nail I chewed off!




















3 comments:

Perry said...

I was looking earlier today before you posted this and thinking what a great eye you have for the simple in life and then the ability to turn it into a great piece of art. Now later in the day more of the same with different subjects. You are very good Karin. It is always a treat to see what you are able to do.

Marka said...

I'd like to drive on those roads.

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

Karin, Karin, Karin, Karin... Thats all I can say. You are gonna make me stop on the next pass I take and take toins of pics. I acho what Perry said.