Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Back again?

I regularly check the stats for my other blog, but because it's been so long since I posted on this one, I haven't been monitoring the traffic for a really long time. So yesterday (while I was supposed to be attending to more pressing matters) I randomly checked Google Analytics and was very surprised to see that some people still come here. So to all those lovely folk, if you ever come here again, thank you for checking in. I think you may have inspired me to make a renewed effort to revive this blog.
I stopped blogging here for several reasons. I created a new site specifically for my business and it absorbed a lot of my time in the early stages. I then got into the habit of not doing regular posts on this blog. I also moved to the Cape which resulted in a whole new way of life and I felt less inclined to spend every waking moment in front of the computer. I run my own business and look after my two children with very little support. I don't have family close-by to help and don't have a nanny. My son struggles at school due to learning problems and this takes a lot of my time. And I need to have free time to spend with my family and with myself.
Starting a blog seemed like such an easy thing to do, but it can be a full-time job all by itself. I soon realised that a certain code exists in the blogging community and that you are expected to make certain contributions if you'd like to create a following. I tried this for a long time. But I just couldn't keep it up. I still read quite a number of blogs, but almost never leave comments. I know that this is frowned upon (yes, I'm a lurker), but I find it too time consuming. I read all my favourites in my reader and I don't click through to all the posts to leave a comment. That might make me a horrible blogger, but that is also why I don't expect you to comment here. Feel free to lurk - trust me, I understand :)

In honour of all those blogs that I read every day, I'll update my blog list within the next 24 hours to reveal those who entertain and inspire me.

And I suppose I can't finish off without a photo or two...



4 comments:

Perry said...

I completely understand and you are correct on every point. This stuff takes such a long time. You make great images and it was always a treat to see what you were doing and I am glad to see that your leaving is because you are following your dream. How is business? :-) Good luck & visit us every now and then.

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I have you on my blog list and pop in when I see there is something new, but I fully understand. I also don't always have time to follow everybody following me, but always feel bad when I see comments from people I don't regularly visit. There was a time when I thought about giving up my blogs because I wasn't getting many comments, but then you introduced Google Analitics to me and I found out how many people actually visit, even if they don't leave comments. Comments are always good, but hits are better.

Jeanette said...

Yay you're back :) I don't follow your other blog because I can't comment

Unknown said...

CapeHoliday.com provides the best accommodation in these areas, and many more.Aside from our online booking system,
Thanks
cape town holiday