Friday, November 21, 2008

Photostory Friday and pictured together at last!

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


My children are as different from one another as night and day. They want different things at different times, they have different tastes, they develop in different ways and they certainly challenge me in different ways! They therefor also argue frequently and irritate each other to no end.
But they also love each other and are the best of friends. They stick up for one another. They look out for one another. They play and they share (sometimes) and they laugh. And I love this about them.
I've so often tried to capture the two of them together, but almost never manage to get the perfect shot! Different as they are, they are forever going in two opposite directions and it is so difficult to get both of them standing still long enough in close enough proximity of each other AND looking at the camera to get the shot!
And so on Wednesday we were visiting my grandmother, playing on the grass and suddenly it happened - brother and sister, both lying on their stomach, NEXT to each other, looking at the camera...well, sort of anyway.
And here is the picture and I love it! I think mostly because once again it shows a little of how different they are.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

How adorable!

I know what you mean about them being different. Mine are far from the same (even thought they are 16 years apart) but the thing is, they are different personalities all together.

Ann said...

What a great portrait, I can see similarities between them they both have beautiful eyes, mine are as different as chalk and cheese, all placid and studious, Harriet on the other hand is the artistic firecracker, who has the concentration span of a flea, she is up at 5 am most mornings and on the go till 8-9pm at night. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh I love this shot Karin, that pose is the perfect portrait for that age. Isn't it crazy how the same genes can be SO different? :)

Anonymous said...

LOL, I can never get photos of the kids together either! This is so sweet!

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

My kids are very different in many ways though the are very similar in others. I should try and get a good photo of them together as well for a post. Your kids are lovely. I do get the feeling if you let my son and your loose somewhere together you will end up with damage to something. Ha ha ha..