Friday, December 5, 2008

Photostory Friday and mission (almost) accomplished

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


And so we survived The Move. I panicked and I stressed and I cried and I shouted, but here we are, all in one piece.
We made this move in pursuit of a different lifestyle, but I was secretly worried that the new lifestyle would not come that easily and that it would be something that we would need to work at. But since the moment our furniture arrived and we started moving in, something shifted in all of us. The children are so happy, it makes me cry just to look at them running around and playing. I feel as though the world has been lifted from my shoulders and have not been so relaxed and content in years. I know we've barely been here for a week, but already the changes are so apparent. We spend most of our free time outdoors. The TV is seldom on. I haven't watched my favourite soap in over a week! But mostly, it's just such a privilege to be able to live in these beautiful surrounds and to be able to do something simple like take the kids to the beach for a quick frolic in the waves. I am so grateful for this opportunity.
[For those who are not in the loop, my family and I moved from Johannesburg to Somerset West, about 40km east from Cape Town. It is a smallish town surrounded by awesome mountains, close to the beach as well as neighbouring the wine lands. ]

Enjoying the beach


Hunting for sea creatures

5 comments:

Ann said...

You Lucky,lucky girl, it looks wonderful, glad you survived the move :0)

Anonymous said...

Oh how very awesome! Glad the move went well. I'm very envious!

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I am so glad you guys have moved without any hassles and has settled down already. You are truely blessed to have been able to move to a place like Somerset West. So close to places like Cape Town and Stellenbosch yet right in the country with mountains and the ocean all around.
Welcome back.

Tabitha Blue said...

Glad you made it to your new place safely!! Great photos, I love that first one!!! :)

Chris said...

Glad you survived the move.
It sounds like a beautiful place!
The pictures are terrific (as usual)!