Friday, December 19, 2008

Photostory Friday and Strawberry Fields

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



Since it's strawberry time in South Africa at the moment, we decided to take a trip to a nearby strawberry farm on Tuesday where we were able to pick our own strawberries. Both my children LOVE strawberries and we thought they would really enjoy the experience, which they did. I on the other hand, went along in the blistering heat because of the good mother I am trying to be and because I wanted to capture the big event on camera. Little did I know that some primal gathering instinct would kick in the minute I saw all the wonderful fruit, ripe for the picking! So while Emma happily sat in the middle of the strawberry field, picking and munching whatever was edible, I was a frenzy of activity, picking with urgency, camera forgotten next to my sticky little daughter... Ah well, at least I got a few pics, and in the end, if all else fails, at least I can apply for a job picking strawberries...



Attempting to scare the birds away


The fruits of my labour


Proud little picker


Waiting

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, lol at you picking furiously!! Love the last photo. Looks like everyone had a ball!

Marcelle said...

I love strawberries...have never ever been to a farm and actually picked them, they do it here in Germany as well...hopefully next summer I'll be brave enough to stop and pick...
Lovely photo's

Anonymous said...

I just came over from PhotoStory. Your story about your trip to the strawberry fields is hilarious! It's strawberry season here in the southern part of the USA too, and I have an urge to take a trip to the strawberry fields with my family as well. Last year I started making jam and totally enjoyed the experience. You should give it a try!

Chris said...

We're buried in snow here. Your pictures are o summery! Beautiful as usual.

tiarastantrums said...

oh my goodness- this is just so not fair - we received 8 inches of snow today!