Sunday, August 17, 2008

Weekly Winners: Party pics



The Birthday Cake

Some more pics from yesterday's party. I loved this cake, it's so cute! And birthday candles sometimes gives me a nostalgic feeling - in some way they represent more the years that have already passed than the new one to come - okay, blame it on Sunday evening blues!

Girl with painted face

I posted this pic yesterday as well, but changed it to sepia for today's post - it creates a different atmosphere that I like.

Beautiful little angel

This is such a pretty little girl. After she got her face painted, she started playing around on the jumping castle, roaring like a lion. A number of her friends asked to have their faces painted like lions, and she forgot that she had flowers on her face instead!

For more on Weekly Winners, go here.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Ann said...

Really nice sepia toning on no.2 portrait.
And the angle on the roaring lion little girl is great. Excellent

Anonymous said...

That's a cake? Wow...I'm so not ever calling what I put birthday candles in a 'cake' ever again. It so does not measure up!

Great pictures!

Rebecca - I'm a Canon girl! said...

Love the birthday cake, how cool!

The little painted faces are adorable! :)

Anonymous said...

Such adorableness!

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

Those girls are adorable!

And that cake? Oh my! I want one. :)

Anonymous said...

&hearts that cake & the pics of the girls are adorable!

Anonymous said...

♥ that cake & the pics of the girls are adorable!

Cecily R said...

Fabulous pictures Karin!!

Pdyrholm said...

First I was thinking it was a nice toy... but man it's a cake... truly amazing...

Great photos :-)

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Cool shots! Love the cake! The kiddos are so cute!!

Anonymous said...

How adorable, and your story about The Flower Girl playing Lion Girl is too funny!

Texasholly said...

That cake is amazing! And the pictures precious!