Monday, January 12, 2009

A walk at the Helderberg Nature Reserve

The Helderberg Nature Reserve is just a few blocks from our house and we discovered that it is a fantastic place for a picnic or just to go for a walk. The walks are spectacular, winding through the Fynbos and with beautiful views of False Bay. These are just a few of the pics I took on one of our walks. (At first I considered leaving my camera, not sure if I felt like carrying it all the way and not convinced that there will be all that much to photograph. So glad that I decided to take it in the end!)

Leading the way into the sunshine







4 comments:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

With every day's new photos I envy you even more for living in the beautiful Cape. And the amazing thing about these kind of places in and around the Cape is that people go there and utilise it, while here in PE the people don't seem to go into such nature areas.

Anonymous said...

LOL at firefly's comment, PE is in the Cape!
Love your photos, I absolutely adore proteas so I'm very envious of your new surroundings.

Marcelle said...

What stunning photo's!!!

Shutterspy said...

:)