Thursday, July 10, 2008

Intertwined

This is my poor Star Jasmine, hanging on for dear life despite all it has to endure (kids and dog as previously mentioned). I find it fascinating the way it twines around itself and whatever is available to keep on growing upwards and onwards.

The good news is that I have a shoot on Saturday! I did a maternity shoot for this lady about six weeks ago. Her baby is now 3 weeks old and ready for her first contact with studio lights. I am very excited, newborns are such a great subject and I am honoured to have the opportunity.

I also finalised and printed the pics from Sunday's bulldog shoot and am very happy with the end result, as is my aunt. All in all a very good experience and one I wouldn't mind repeating.

I finished reading Sushi for Beginners - found it very good light entertainment and extremely funny at times. Have now started I Know this Much is True by Wally Lamb, a read highly recommended by my sister. A very big read (about 900 pages) so should keep me busy for a while!

Then, watched the movie August Rush on Sunday and enjoyed it immensely! A wonderful feel-good movie, with very good acting, especially from young actor Freddie Highmore. I know it has been described by some as having a schmaltzy plot, but who cares? I don't believe in being too cynical when it comes to movies, it is there to be enjoyed and is supposed to form part of your fantasy life! I loved the music and the atmosphere - I felt like I was drifting in the movie along with the characters, really very nice. Heartwarming is the word. And Freddie really is ingenious - he has great facial expressions, I could watch him all day! I suppose this could be expected from one who photographs children for a living.

No comments: