Wednesday, July 2, 2008

New beginnigs

Today is the first day of my new blog. My husband have been telling me about blogs and people he know who have blogs and the idea of having my own have slowly grown on me, so here we are.
I am a mother of two young children, a 5-year old boy and a 21-month old girl. After several false starts, strange turns and dead ends, I recently decided to start a photography business from home. Originally, I was desperate to do something that would not take me away from my children, but have since discovered - to my own and everyone who knows me surprise - that I have a very lively interest in photography. I especially enjoy photographing children and this is also what I am focusing my business on.
Starting a business is a huge learning curve and I find it exceptionally difficult. I have confidence in my photographing skills, but serious doubts in my marketing skills, something that I also hate. This blog is my way of forcing myself to keep my focus and also a way of practising and displaying my photography. At this stage I am still self-taught - kids and studies don't go well together - and I need to find feedback for my work.
But mostly running a business solo can be very lonely and this is my way of making conversation.

No comments: